What is ‘Accreditation’
The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (the Commission) administers the National General Practice Accreditation (NGPA) Scheme, which supports the consistent assessment of Australian general practices against the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Standards for general practices. To achieve these standards, medical centres would have to be independently assessed to ensure compliance with these standards – with the end goal being quality of care and standards for patient health care in general medical practice.
As a member of the community you may be surprised to learn that general practice accreditation is a voluntary process – which means not all practices undergo an independent on-site assessment on a regular basis
A chance to show our commitment to excellence
The team at Auburn Road Medical Centre are proud of our achievements since we first opened the doors in May 2019. Being accredited by QPA is confirmation of our dedication to our values of high quality health care for our patients, and high level of professional conduct.
Being accredited means that our general practice is committed to a comprehensive program which involves:
- Engaging our whole practice team to review our practice’s systems and processes
- Opening our practice doors to allow a team of independent surveyors to assess how our practice operates
- Assessment of our practice, and achievement of the nationally recognised Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Standards for general practices, that focus on health care quality and patient safety.
What does it mean for our patients
- Most importantly, we provide you with safe and high quality care
- Our staff complete regular education and training
- We regularly improve the services we offer you
- We respect your rights and needs as a patient
- We keep your records private and secure
- We use clean and sterile equipment to ensure you are safe from infection
- We make sure your vaccines stay at the right temperature so they work
- We listen to your feedback for ongoing improvement