Patient Information Handling
- No information shall be collected at the Auburn Road Medical Centre without patient written or implied consent.
- All patient information collected shall be used to provide a comprehensive approach to patient care.
- Information will be collected in a manner that ensures protection of privacy and confidentiality.
- Please advise us if your details alter so that our information is accurate and up to date.
- No information that identifies the patient will be released to third parties without consent.
- There may be circumstances where the doctor will be obliged to release details of a patient’s personal health information without their express consent- this may be the case if the situation was an extreme emergency, or if legally compelled to do so.
- Auburn Road Medical Centre operates a fully computerised medical records system. All doctors and employees have individual passwords to allow access. Information is backed up daily
- Administrative staff with access to your personal health information have signed confidentiality agreements.
- Some medical information is downloaded directly into your medical record eg pathology results. These are encrypted to ensure confidentiality.